So, what the hell is this all about, why only a trickle of posts… what is the format for this BLOG ?
This blog is the start of my Retirement Process. The one thing I do not want to happen is I get to the final date (3years) and wind up with nothing to do. Therefore, I have devised a plan.
Keep working, but change my focus to the things I enjoy.
I have a real problem with “Do what you love, and the money will follow…” that just doesn’t work for me, its old thinking. What if the thing I love, has nothing to do with making money? Do you see the conflict of interest here?
I love aircraft, but never wanted to become a commercial Pilot.
I love music, but witnessed too many friends crash and burn trying to reach for the golden ring… one in a hundred make it in music… not good odds.
I love old cars, but hate having to work on my own car when the wife bitches at me to replace the Cabin Filter, or wash it.
My choice, was telecommunications, and electronics, which led to the computer networking field where I developed my career for 25 years. I tell you all this as to understand where I am going, you need to know where I came from and where I am at now.
That career is winding down, so I need to come up with a transition plan.
- Learn all I can about FIRE and funnel as much money as I can into savings
- learn more about Investing, and budgeting
- Blog about what I have learned and balance with life experience
- Learn about HTML/PHP/SQL and develop fully functioning web sites.
- Weave this new knowledge into my retirement plan
- Create a music studio, and start the process of writing out hundreds of song ideas
- Investigate online music collaboration ( and there is a shitload….)
- Join outside groups for self improvement AKA Toastmasters ( did this last week)
- Write stories I have had in my head for 20 years
This blog is not about FIRE, if you want to learn about FIRE, I have several links for you to visit, but that will be a side bar for another day. Think MMM, or Millenial Revolution.
This BLOG is about Balance. A balance between where you are now, and where you want to be. A balance of lifestyle and income. And the balance between just surviving and thriving. Sorry thats all I have time for right now, more later… please comment.